Terms And Conditions
- I will provide you with a bespoke wedding speech, to your requirements, before the agreed deadline.
- Once you have paid for the speech I will transfer you the rights and ownership of the speech. Until such point, the speech is my property and you will not have the right to edit, copy or print it.
- I will refund you in full if you are not happy with the final speech for any reason.
- You will provide me with the information needed to write your speech and allow me to store such information until the date the speech is required.
- You will pay me the fee, within 14 days and in full, upon acceptance of the first draft and agreement to continue.
- You won't sue me
- If you need to cancel the speech for any reason other than being unhappy with it, you will not be refunded.
THe Full terms
In this agreement between Simon Hembra (“the Writer”) and you (“the Client”) these terms shall apply.
- The Client shall pay the agreed fees (“the Fee”) to the writer following provision of a free first draft and The Client's agreement to contine
Engagement of service
- The Writer will provide a final draft of a bespoke speech (“the Goods”) for The Client.
- The terms of the agreement (“the terms”) shall be confirmed prior to the Writer starting work and shall include at least the following information:
- The type of speech required
- The agreed Fee
- The Final Deadline - (Normally the wedding date)
- The writer shall not have been judged to have commenced working on the Goods (“started work”) until the the terms are agreed by both parties.
- The Writer will provide the goods to the client by the final deadline, ideally well before hand where time allows.
- In the event of any delay which is outside either The Writer’s or The Client’s Control, including but not limited to failure of IT Systems, injury or death, the writer shall be allowed further reasonable time to provide The Goods, so long as The Goods are provided before "The wedding Date"
- If The Goods are delayed due to the actions, or omissions, of the Client, the Writer shall not be liable for late delivery of the Goods and will be allowed further reasonable time to provide the goods as well as compensation for any incurred costs extra to the fee.
- If the Writer fails to provide The Goods by the Deadline for any reason other than those stated above the Client shall be entitled to recover the cost of The Goods limited to The Fee.
- The Writer will keep reasonable data about the The Client until the Final Deadline, when all identifying data will be deleted. The Writer will retain a copy of the final speech, provided it does not include information which may allow The Client to be identified.
- Although the Writer will make every effort to ensure The Goods are as agreed it is the Client’s duty to approve The Goods before accepting them. As such the Writer accepts no responsibly for any damages, financial, emotional, or otherwise, which are incurred by the Client or any other party as a result of The Goods, or of this agreement with The Writer.
- The Writer’s maximum liability shall be limited to the amount of The Fee.
Ownership of the work
- Until payment is received the speech remains fully the property of The writer. The Client will not have the right to print, copy, or edit the speech either in full or part.
- Upon agreement of the finished draft and receipt of the fee the writer agrees to give limited copyright of the goods to the client. The client may use the speech for its intended purpose and reproduce it free of charge, but may not sell or otherwise profit from the content of the speech.
Right of cancellation
- The Client has to right to cancel the agreement up until they accept the first draft.
- If The Client cancels the agreement after the writer has provided the first draft, The Writer will retain The Fee in full.
- For the benefit of doubt the Client agrees to waive all rights to the Fee, in full, once the first draft has been approved and payment sent, except in the event of the writer’s failure to provide the goods before the final deadline.
- In the event of cancellation by the client, for whatever reason, the client loses all right to ownership of the goods. All rights will instead be held by the writer.
- This does not effect the Money Back Guarantee (below)
Money back guarantee
- The client has the right to a full refund of the fee if they are feel that the terms have not been met by the writer.
- This will be considered to be a cancellation of the terms by the client and the writer will retain, or regain, full legal ownership of the goods. However all identifying information relating to The Client will be deleted.
- The Contract shall be interpreted in accordance with English Law and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.